The Center for Learning and Student Success in collaboration with the Departments of Chemistry, Biology, Math, Physics, Earth Science, Psychology, and Economics have developed free tutoring for students in courses that have traditionally created hurdles for students. The tutors for these courses will have CRLA training and will be supervised by tutor mentors who will be staff or graduate students. We anticipate that tutor sessions will range from 1:1 to a high of 1:6.
The free tutoring will be offered in:
- AST101 – Our Corner of the Universe
- BIO327 – Cell Biology
- CHE106 – General Chemistry 1
- CHE275 – Organic Chemistry 1
- EAR110 – Dynamic Earth
- ECN203 – Economic Ideas and Issues
- MAT221 – Elementary Probability and Statistics 1
- MAT295 – Calculus 1
- PHY211 – General Physics 1
- PSY205 – Foundation of Human Behavior
We encourage students to register early to be sure to not be shut out of these free sessions. To register, sign up for the small group sessions through Orange Success.