“StudentLingo is a series of interactive on-demand workshops, action plans, and valuable resources focused on helping students achieve their academic, personal and career goals.”
Put differently, StudentLingo provides video tutorials aimed and helping students develop and master the fundamental tools of academic success. In partnership with the School of Education, the Tutoring and Study Center has purchased access to a series of incredibly helpful workshops:
- Pre-Writing Techniques: Planning & Idea Development
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Study Tips & Note-Taking Strategies
- How to Reduce Test Anxiety
- How to Succeed in Math
- Time Management: Strategies for Success
- Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures
- Stress Management Techniques
Follow the link above – your NetID and password should be all you need to gain access to the video workshops. Fully accessible ADA Transcripts for StudentLingo offer complete transcripts of all the information available across a huge range of StudentLingo workshops.
“TutorLingo is a series of on-demand videos and valuable resources focused on supporting the tutor training process. In partnership with CRLA (College Reading & Learning Association), Innovative Educators produced nine engaging videos as a practical online, on-demand tool to support your tutor training needs.”
Brought to you by the same company that produce the StudentLingo academic workshops, TutorLingo provides outstanding training in the fundamentals of tutoring that are useful for tutors regardless of experience. Faculty too can benefit from tutoring techniques as they translate well into the one-on-one setting of office hours.
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills
- How to Tutor Writing
- Learning Theory
- The Nature of Helping Relationships
- The Role of the Tutor
- A Toolbox for the Novice Tutor
- Tutee Study Skills: Note-Taking, Reading & Testing Strategies
- Tutoring Students From Diverse Backgrounds
- Understanding Self-Regulatory Behaviors
Follow the link above – your NetID and password should be all you need to gain access to the video workshops. Fully accessible ADA Transcripts for TutorLingo are available for all of the workshops available to SU students on TutorLingo.