How do I become a Center for Learning and Student Success?
First and foremost, come and stop by the Center for Learning and Student Success to talk to our staff about becoming a tutor! We are always excited to welcome new tutors to our team so, if you are interested and meet the qualifications, print out the application below and bring it with you.
- B+ or better in the course(s) for which you tutor.
- Minimum 3.0 overall cumulative GPA or special permission from Center for Learning and Student Success and Department Chair.
- Signature of the Department Chairperson or Professor for each subject.
- Participation in training to become a better tutor, review policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Completed I-9 at Student Employment, 210 Steele Hall (315.443.2268).
- All tutors are encouraged to attend a 10 hour tutor training course
- Upon completion of this course you will receive: 1st preference for tutoring positions; CRLA certification
- You will have the option of enrolling in EDU 400/600, The Pedagogy of Peer Tutoring and Peer Tutor Training, for 3 credits. Instructor permission is required to join this class.
Individual Tutoring Pay Rate:
- Undergraduate Tutor: $9/hour
- Graduate Tutor: $12/hour
- Professional Tutor: $20/hour
- Advanced Professional Tutor: $25/hour
Group Tutoring Pay Rate:
- Undergraduate Tutor: $12/hour
- Graduate Tutor: $16/hour
Please print out and drop off your application at the Center for Learning and Student Success during regular business hours: